Contact Info / Websites
2010-10-28 15:12:33 by revolverroach
GUIDE from KEYCARD 2 to SOME IMPORTANT GEAR
- After getting Keycard 2, go right until you unlock the Level 2 door
- You'll have to fight the big group of 1337 agents that you bypassed earlier but now you have a lot more firepower and 2x life (from the Halo). Beat them to the ground.
- Go up the elevator to the top floor.
- At the top floor, go right until you reach the room where you got the first keycard. Unlock the Level 2 door.
- Inside the unlocked room you'll find SANFORD'S SHORTS and SANFORD'S HOOK. These are very good equips any of your guys. I usually put the SHORTS on my CQB who has the S&W500 pistol.
- After that, go left until you're almost back at the start area.
- Go up the elevator with the "Press me" sign.
- Instead of going left to the "Hats" room, go right.
- You'll fight a small group of weak guys and a locked elevator.
- Unlock the elevator and you'll find a locker containing DEIMOS' JACKET and the BREN GUN. DEIMOS's JACKET gives +1 range and some AP at the cost of some HP. It's best used with your Heavy or Assault (though i've used it at times with my CQB's) The BREN GUN is your new most powerful weapon.
- Seriously. The rest of the game will be a bit easier if you get these key items
- Once you've got these, go back down to the ground floor.
Next: Keycard 3 Guide
NOTE: ATTACHED IMAGE SHOWS PATH FROM KEYCARD 2 to KEYCARD 3
GUIDE from START to KEYCARD 1
- Easiest key. From the starting point just keep going right until you find a locker with the Keycard 1 inside it.
- When you see elevators, take a detour. Exploring the two short elevator areas will get you the ASSAULT HELMET, BANDANA, INGRAM and BERETTA.
Next: Keycard 2 Guide
NOTE: ATTACHED IMAGE SHOWS DIRECT PATH FROM START TO KEYCARD 1
List of changes made on Madness Retaliation
= = = LATEST UPDATE 1.5.7 = = =
- Waiting for approval from NG admin. Will repost when it's available. Thanks for your patience.
- Some save system bugfixes. Again, saves are local to your PC, NOT your NG account.
- Added new ability for the Savior Halo that will help exploration.
- Medals created, pending NG approval.
= = = PREVIOUS UPDATES = = =
Version 1.5.6 :: Updated (10/27/10)
- Bugfix for weapon disappearing if killed by clown explosion. 3rd attempt to fix this bug. Cross your fingers.
- Moved old update notes to CHANGE LOG: http://revolverroach.newg rounds.com/news/post/5309 28
Version 1.5.5 :: Updated (10/26/10-10PM)
- created workaround for disappearing weapons glitch (thanks Grinmore) if your character suddenly has zombie hands, check the inventory, your weapon should be there.
- fixed empty uncleared room glitch (thanks s3v3ns)
- Big thanks to all the reviews and for pointing out the bugs. You guys rock!
- NOTE: Music Credits for this game are posted here http://revolverroach.newgrounds.com/ne ws/post/530660
Version 1.5.4 :: Updated (10/26/10)
- cleared rooms have a 50% chance of having no enemies.
- map now shows doors and keycard numbers
- fixed the glitch where weapons disappear. (thanks to Alephnor and mrpikmin123)
= = = GAME HINT SHEET (No Spoilers) = = =
The music loops and some of the sounds used in my Flash game, Madness Retaliation, are from Partners In Rhyme. They are royalty free and you can download them from the following link.
Royalty Free Music and Sound Effects Download the music and sound effects you need for your multimedia project today at Partners In Rhyme.
Music List by Area in Madness Retaliation
Main Building - "Very Scary"
Zombie Underground - "Look Out"
ATP and MAG Quarters - "Industrial"
Club M - "Ouch"
Auditor's Tower - "Opium"
Boss Battles - "Scattered"
GUIDE from KEYCARD 1 to KEYCARD 2
GETTING TO THE UNDERGROUND
- Once you get the 1st keycard, go back and unlock the Level 1 elevator. If you keep going straight down the Level 1 elevator, you'll end up fighting a huge group of 1337 Agents. What you should do instead is...
- Go down one level and then go right into the main building. If you explore the side rooms you'll also find items like the SAWN-OFF shotgun and ASSAULT ARMOR.
- Once you get to the ground floor, go one room to the left and go down the elevator. If you see a sign on the left that says "LOCKER ROOMS", you're about to enter the Zombie Underground
GOING THROUGH THE ZOMBIE UNDERGROUND
- Most of your enemies will be Zombies and Upgraded 1337 Agents. Zombies have a melee attack equal to the combat knife (3 damage) and have the BLOODLUST ability which recharges their AP if they kill one of your guys with their claws.
= = SUGGESTED STRATEGY = =
- You need to watch out for the big zombie groups. You usually won't kill them all in one turn. To deal with them snipe as many as you can with guns. Don't move your guys forward so that when the enemy gets a turn, they spend their AP walking to you. They usually won't have enough AP to attack you and you'll get your turn again.
- Make sure your CQB's have a pistol on one hand and a melee weapon in the other. That way, when the zombies run up, you can use melee on them for a higher chance to hit.
DEAD END AT THE SHOWERS???
- Keep going left through the zombie rooms and you'll reach an area with showers. The wall has some writing on it: "The wall is a LIE" and a thin arrow pointing left. Break the wall by clicking it a few times, then go left.
DEAD END AT THE LOCKERS???
- Keep going left through more zombies and 1337's until you reach an elevator. Take a quick trip to the farthest room on the left to pick up the STEYR AUG. Then go back to the elevator and go up.
- After you take care of a zombie/1337 mobs, go right into a dark room full of lockers. Take note that the zombies here are wearing purple rags and are tougher than regular zombies.
- Inside the locker is a set of NVG goggles. Put it on one of your guys and you'll see that the right wall is cracked. As usual, keep clicking the right wall to break it. Remember this as many of the secrets in this game are hidden behind cracked walls.
GET THE TAC MASK THEN GET TO THE BOSS
- Go right through the broken wall and keep going, skipping the elevator. At the last room is a locker containing the TAC MASK. If any of your guys is wearing the TAC MASK, you'll be able to see your enemy's HP and ArmorClass when you mouse over.
- Go back to the elevator and go up. You'll be greeted by another bunch of zombies.
- After the zombie killing, move left and you'll have a boss fight with "The Savior" aka Jesus.
FIGHTING THE SAVIOR
- Jesus has 8 Armor making him hard to hit. Make sure your Heavy weapons guy is equipped with the STEYR AUG rifle which ignores armor (always hits)
- If Jesus runs out of HP, he can absorb the HP of any of his allies. That ally is sacrificed though.
- If Jesus runs out of allies to absorb, he'll dash to the back of the room, switch to his S&W 500 pistol and raise a wall of zombies (which he can also absorb HP from).
- After you kill all the zombies and hurt Jesus to 0HP, you'll see a cutscene and get Jesus' halo.
GETTING THE 2nd KEYCARD
- Once you've finished the Boss fight, go left and you'll find a locker containing the 2nd Keycard.
NOTE: ATTACHED IMAGE SHOWS PATH FROM KEYCARD 1 to KEYCARD 2
This is the 100% map of my game Madness Retaliation. Again, this may be a spoiler so only look at it if you really need to.
*Spoiler Warning* - Contains information that may decrease your enjoyment.
Ok. People are getting stuck, so i think I'd better post a guide. I really wanted the game to have a degree of frustrating difficulty, but on the other hand, I want people to be able to play it.
This is not a walkthrough, just a few hints that may help you get further. I'll only cover the crucial items. Not the secrets. DO NOT READ AHEAD UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY WANT HINTS. I'll put some spaces so you can quit before reading the next hint.
- Keep going past the locked elevator. You'll find it, easy.
- In the zombie-filled room with the Night Vision Goggles, there is another exit. The walls here are pretty weak.
- The ATP have set a surprise for anyone who tries to take this key. Be prepared.
- This one belongs to the boss of Clowns. He'd prefer to take a bullet rather than a blade to the face.
USING THE P.I.D.
- This device is powered by the souls of your enemies. Careful though, the PID can both help and harm you.
- No, it is not a glitch. It is a test. Perhaps you should write it down.
THE TOWER (HINT #2)
- Up, Down, Left, Right. Follow the writing on the wall. "B is not a direction." you say? Think Forward and Back until the meaning is clear.
And if you really need to, go take a look at these